The 2013 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup edition is a racer that will be run exclusively in the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup.
The new 911 GT3 Cup is powered by a 3.8-litre six-cylinder flat engine delivering 460 hp (338 kW) at 7,500 revs. The latest racer features an extra power compared to its predecessor. The drivetrain is linked with a six-speed gearbox.
The 2013 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup is fitted with a one piece race wheels. Porsche Motorsport offers the supercar exclusively in white exterior colour.
The racer is priced at 181,200 Euro.
Porsche engineers claim that the 911 GT3is the most successful race car in the world.
The Australian racer Rosco McGlashan claims that the vehicle Aussie Invader 5R is capable of breaking 1,000mph using high-end technology. The Australian will try to break the land speed record in 2014. The streamlined, bullet-shaped car is nearly built. It is considered the fastest land-speed car.
Another team from UK will also challenge the 1,000mph record with the hybrid Bloodhound SSC.
If successful, the adventurers will travel faster than a bullet, flying from 0-1,000mph in 20 seconds. That is an important step to push the boundaries of human knowledge and endurance. Reaching and maintaining such speeds requires innovative components and state-of-the-art technology.
The Aussie Invader 5R will cost $4 million (£2.6 million). The 16-metre (53-foot) vehicle will be powered by a missile rocket fuelled with liquid oxygen and a kerosene-based bio- fuel.
It will travel faster than the speed of sound. The supercar features nine-tonned body when fully fuelled. It is designed with a downward-tilted nose-cone and small adjustable wings or canards on either side of the front section designed to counter any lift.
Lola LMP2 is an extraordinary racer developed to take part in the upcoming season. The company unveiled a cost-effective and competitive LMP model at Geneva Auto Show. The beast is powered by BMW and set to be fielded by the Kodewa team in the upcoming racing season.
- Lola one-piece construction carbon composite monocoque chassis.
- Monocoque certified to all ACO and FIA structural and crash standards through 2012 and is eligible until 2016.
- Weight of petrol-engined coupe approximately 50kg below 900kg minimum.
- Adjustable pedal box and steering wheel/column for driver safety and comfort.
- Rack-and-pinion type steering with Kyaba power assist system as standard.
- Le Mans Aero Package available which includes a 3rd light cluster.
- Intensive wind tunnel testing complemented by upgraded F1-standard CFD cluster.
- Optimised aero configurations offering wide range of low-drag/high-downforce set-ups.
- Ride height sensitivity minimised in all aerodynamic configurations.
- Fixed front diffuser geometry with front downforce adjusted via dive-plane options.
- All body panels of lightweight pre-preg composite construction.
- Quick-release nose and tail section to limit damage and ease replacement during pit stop.
- Steel fabricated wishbones. Cast aluminium uprights.
- Pushrod/rocker-activated coil spring/adjustable damper units all round.
- Quick-change anti-roll bars front and rear with adjustable ride height, camber, and toe.
- F1 specification Dynamics DSSV dampers.
- Hitco carbon discs and pads with AP Racing six-piston aluminium calipers all round.
- 380 mm diameter ventilated carbon discs front and rear.
- ATL fuel system, 4 lift pumps 2 HP pumps. Fuel regulator and filter inside the tank
- with a capacity of 75 litres.
- X-trac gearbox supplied with one homologated gear set.
- 2 other gear sets and LM gears available.
- Megaline pneumatic paddle shift system.
- Six forward speeds plus reverse with torque input capacity in excess of 800 Nm.
- Cast aluminium casing with bellhousing adaptor to match selected engine.
- Casing expressly designed to suit high underbody diffuser tunnels required by LMP rules
- Integrated gearbox oil cooling system including air/oil heat exchanger.
- Alternator drive can be mounted on top of bellhousing if required.
- All electrics mounted directly to monocoque for reliability, access, and crash protection.
- DMS RT 40 12-volt heavy-duty battery for engine starts plus jump battery/recharger plug.
- Full lighting equipment including dual headlamps and rear brake lights, indicators, rain lights and
- electrically-operated rear view mirrors.
- Provision for back-up components to reduce time lost to damage or mechanical issues.
- Space for cable gearshift, second starter, back-up fuel pump, and reserve battery.
- Design facilitates easy servicing access (e.g. alternator) where back-up not possible
Lola achieved a succesfull debut win in the LMP2 category at the Sebring 12 Hours in 2011 with the B11/40 cost capped open car. Other top results achieved by Lola LMP products in 2011 included an outright LMS win, several ILMC podiums, a 25th podium position at the Le Mans 24 Hours and multiple ALMS outright victories.
Image Credits: Autoblog.com.