The powerful 2014 Ferrari 458 Speciale A is the successor of the Ferrari 458 Italia Spider and its variation 458 Speciale. The “A” stands for the Italian word for “open”. The vehicle is considered one of the most advanced cars built this year. The special project was designed in the Ferrari Style Centre in collaboration with Pininfarina. Ferrari`s engineers have used innovative solutions and first-rate materials. The vehicle is fitted with F1 inspired components and structural characteristics.
The Italian supercar manufacturer will build only 499 units of the Speciale A model. Only Ferrari collectors will be able to purchase this version.The muscular drop-top is powered by a 4.5-liter mid-rear V8 engine generating 595 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque. The Ferrari convertible for road and track has a folding aluminum top which takes only14 seconds to open and close.
The 458 Speciale A offers sensational driving experience. The sports car reaches 62 mph (0 to100 km/h ) in three seconds flat.
Ferrari 458 Special Design
Compared to the 2014 Ferrari 458 Italia, the special A model features redesigned body panels and racing-inspired trims. The front glass and rear windscreen are all new. The car features sophisticated triple layer finish. The change not only reflects the exterior design but seriously reduces vehicle`s weight.
The fluidly sculpted cockpit is made out of lightweight materials. The interior is styled with carbon-fibre elements and Alcantara fabric. The cabin is decorated with aluminium treadplates.
- Engine: V8; 90°
- Bore/Stroke ratio: 94 x 81 mm (3.7 x 3.2 in)
- Engine displacement: 4497 cm3
- Compression: 14:1
- Maximum output: 445 kW/605 cv at 9000 rpm
- Specific output: 135 cv/l
- Maximum torque: 540 Nm at 6000 rpm
- Dimensions: 4571 mm (L); 1951 mm (W); 1203 mm (H);
- Wheelbase: 2650 mm
- Weight: 1290 kg (dry); 1395 kg (kerb)
- Weight distribution 42% front, 58% rear
- Power-to-weight ratio: 2.13 kg/cv
- Tank capacity: 86 l
- Top speed: 325 km/h
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h – 3.0 sec ; 0-200 km/h – 9.1 sec
- Fiorano Circuit lap time: 1’23”5
- Tires: front 245/35 ZR20 J9.0; rear 305/30 ZR 20 J11.0
- Electronic control systems
The Ferrari 458 Speciale A was presented at the 2014 Paris Motor Show. The audience was amazed by the exclusive car in triple yellow livery with a central stripe.