Lola LMP2 is an extraordinary racer developed to take part in the upcoming season. The company unveiled a cost-effective and competitive LMP model at Geneva Auto Show. The beast is powered by BMW and set to be fielded by the Kodewa team in the upcoming racing season.
- Lola one-piece construction carbon composite monocoque chassis.
- Monocoque certified to all ACO and FIA structural and crash standards through 2012 and is eligible until 2016.
- Weight of petrol-engined coupe approximately 50kg below 900kg minimum.
- Adjustable pedal box and steering wheel/column for driver safety and comfort.
- Rack-and-pinion type steering with Kyaba power assist system as standard.
- Le Mans Aero Package available which includes a 3rd light cluster.
- Intensive wind tunnel testing complemented by upgraded F1-standard CFD cluster.
- Optimised aero configurations offering wide range of low-drag/high-downforce set-ups.
- Ride height sensitivity minimised in all aerodynamic configurations.
- Fixed front diffuser geometry with front downforce adjusted via dive-plane options.
- All body panels of lightweight pre-preg composite construction.
- Quick-release nose and tail section to limit damage and ease replacement during pit stop.
- Steel fabricated wishbones. Cast aluminium uprights.
- Pushrod/rocker-activated coil spring/adjustable damper units all round.
- Quick-change anti-roll bars front and rear with adjustable ride height, camber, and toe.
- F1 specification Dynamics DSSV dampers.
- Hitco carbon discs and pads with AP Racing six-piston aluminium calipers all round.
- 380 mm diameter ventilated carbon discs front and rear.
- ATL fuel system, 4 lift pumps 2 HP pumps. Fuel regulator and filter inside the tank
- with a capacity of 75 litres.
- X-trac gearbox supplied with one homologated gear set.
- 2 other gear sets and LM gears available.
- Megaline pneumatic paddle shift system.
- Six forward speeds plus reverse with torque input capacity in excess of 800 Nm.
- Cast aluminium casing with bellhousing adaptor to match selected engine.
- Casing expressly designed to suit high underbody diffuser tunnels required by LMP rules
- Integrated gearbox oil cooling system including air/oil heat exchanger.
- Alternator drive can be mounted on top of bellhousing if required.
- All electrics mounted directly to monocoque for reliability, access, and crash protection.
- DMS RT 40 12-volt heavy-duty battery for engine starts plus jump battery/recharger plug.
- Full lighting equipment including dual headlamps and rear brake lights, indicators, rain lights and
- electrically-operated rear view mirrors.
- Provision for back-up components to reduce time lost to damage or mechanical issues.
- Space for cable gearshift, second starter, back-up fuel pump, and reserve battery.
- Design facilitates easy servicing access (e.g. alternator) where back-up not possible
Lola achieved a succesfull debut win in the LMP2 category at the Sebring 12 Hours in 2011 with the B11/40 cost capped open car. Other top results achieved by Lola LMP products in 2011 included an outright LMS win, several ILMC podiums, a 25th podium position at the Le Mans 24 Hours and multiple ALMS outright victories.
Image Credits: Autoblog.com.